- We have a giant bag of last week’s donuts that are now slightly stale. Rather than throw them out, I am planning on making DONUT BREAD PUDDING. Because then I’m not being wasteful. #livetoserve Any recipe ideas to get me started?
- Despite the fact that I have never experienced worse customer service and never been more humiliated by a shopping experience, I am considering afresh investing in a pair of Madewell jeans. I know, I know, I swore never to step put in their lying and judgemental store again. But I got a pair of their boyfriend jeans for $15 at the last JCrew clearance sale and I love them more than words can say. It’s making me rethink my anti-Madewell resolve, even as I think about my months of waiting for jeans that never came and I die a little inside.
- I have a big presentation for a French Art History class on Monday and this past Tuesday I realized I needed to entirely restructure my argument. I was so excited that I woke up early on Wednesday thinking about re-writing my paper (italics to emphasize my total and pathetic nerdiness) and made it happen after I finished teaching. I had James spend 2 hours slogging through my draft and making edits Wednesday night. When he expressed that certain things were a little confusing — understandable, considering the draft was lacking all images of the paintings I was writing about and had key quotes in French with no translation — I promptly burst into tears trying to explain it. Let’s just say that trying to explain how Roland Barthes’ writings on mythology allow an analysis of the hookah as a language-object in the creation of the myth critiqued by Edward Said’s Orientalism is made exponentially harder when you are ugly crying. Ok, when I re-read that sentence I have to admit that maybe the ugly cry isn’t the only thing that made an explanation difficult.
- Still, as excited as I was working on my paper this week, that excitement cannot even compare my excitement about the Pitch Perfect II trailer being released. Y’ALL. I’VE WATCHED IT THREE TIMES. It is going to be aca-awesome and I can not even aca-wait. That second one didn’t really work, did it? Well aca-scuse me.
- Yesterday I got into an altercation in the grocery store because a man in a red velour track suit accused me of cutting him in the deli line. I didn’t, for the record, as I consider the deli line a sacred place, but in case I accidentally had, I felt bad. And then he did this:As in, someone in real life did that and they were not trying to be funny. It was followed by “Don’t EVEN give me your attitude sweetheart! If I want to hear what you have to say, I will let you know,” when I stared at him like the crazy person he was being. This is where I would like to say that I calmly apologized and offered to pay for his half pound of Havarti cheese to make it better, but I totally just fled the scene and angry cried in my car on the way home.
- On Sunday night I’m having girls over to continue watching The Bachelorette. You may be thinking, “Hannah, it’s not on right now.” You would be right. We bought an old season and are re-watching it. Because January is too long to wait to watch people humiliate themselves for flowers on live television. I like to think of it as “community time.” (In case you were wondering, we went with Ashley’s season because it is just the best.)
Should there be anything you need to get off your chest before the weekend starts, make yourself at home in the comments below.